Often the only thing that a novice player should have after learning the basics and winning a few games are some solid principles to help them be focused. Fundamentally, roulette is a game of chance but there are a couple of tips to help improve your chances.
Here are a couple of my top tips for roulette, which although might not make you a millionaire, should set you on the right path for getting a more viable win loss ratio:
– Know the table limits. Each roulette table has a minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting $5 and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my 2nd tip. Only bet what you can afford to. Professional players don’t bet to show off, they bet to make a profit, whether that be $2 or $2,000. It is also a wise idea to give yourself a set amount of how much you’re willing to lose before walking away, so you don’t end up remortgaging the house.
– Get warmed up and get a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It is easy and gives you that gut feeling of how much you like the table.
– Be the boss of your own chips. beginning players sometimes allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place while accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move it wherever you wish!
– You will be surprised how many dealers get in to a predictable and repetitive way of releasing the ball and you can at times find it easier to predict where it lands. Some dealers also vary their style of releasing the ball
– Tips for roulette always include the classic Martingale system. Basically if you lose, you double up the next bet to gain back the loss. The problem being that your losing streak may go beyond your bank balance or you might hit the table limit. It’s better to use this with smaller betting amounts.
– Play European roulette with only one zero. It gives you better chances as American roulette has two zeros. Both types of tables are found in the US so don’t worry.
– Don’t let your mind trick you. For instance, when six blacks have gone in a row your brain might start saying (what if it’s a trick, bet black again). Never get in to an argument with your mind.
– Practice on a free fun table.
– Aim to preserve your bankroll. After you have a decent amount of winnings, only bet with them and keep your original balance intact. Then the worst that can happen is you go home with your starting balance.
– It is better to play in established online casinos because you can’t see the inner workings of a website. They may not be choosing numbers at random and could just make you lose every time.
In conclusion, play safe and just have a good time. Enjoy the rush but don’t let it control your life.